Tay Jieren Clarence 郑杰仁 

DOB:13 July 2004 Birth weight: 3.635kg Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tay Yingxi Vincy 郑颖希 

DOB:27 Aug 2008 Birth weight:3.125Kg Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hort Park

My school organised a staff bonding trip to Hort Park yesterday. I brought Clarence along since he has not been there before. He was very excited about the trip cos he need not go to school if he went with me. My son is like that!
I was also excited cos I look forward to spending some quality time with him.
On board the bus to Hort Park:


We walked for about 1.5 hrs. It was a guided walk. The weather was fine yesterday, not too hot, good for walk. We covered the Marang trail, Alexandra Arch, Hilltop walk, Forest Walk and Henderson waves.


We climbed a total of 140 steps of stairs (if we counted correctly) at the Hilltop walk. When the guide introduce the Hilltop walk to us, she mentioned we need to climb a long flight of stairs to get up and asked if we were keen. Other kids in the group shouted Yes but my son shouted No. I was so embarrassed. My little boy is so lazy!
So while we were climbing the stairs, I suggested to him to count the steps to distract him so that he would not have time to complain about being tired. Smart mummy!


I let Clarence bring along his camera so that he can take pictures of things that interest him along the way. The little photographer's work: (mainly consists of bugs and animals)

Oh, a monkey tried to scratch Clarence when he went near it but my son thought the monkey was trying to hug him. Faint!
We came across a board showing pictures and introducing the different types of birds. Clarence went to take pictures cos he did not manage to see the real birds.


After taking the pictures, he told me he want to bluff daddy he took pictures of the real birds. I told him not to be silly cos the pictures of birds on the board came with words. He showed me his pictures and I was loss for words. The pictures looked a little convincing (without the words), so my son is not so silly after all.

Did my boss fall for the lie? Nope. He was too smart for it.
We went for lunch at Jack's Place after the walk.
Enjoying the food:

We went to the library to borrow books and Clarence was so happy cos he gets new books to read.
After we went back home, we took a short nap together on my bed.
Glad that I spent quality time with him yesterday

No comments: