Tay Jieren Clarence 郑杰仁 

DOB:13 July 2004 Birth weight: 3.635kg Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tay Yingxi Vincy 郑颖希 

DOB:27 Aug 2008 Birth weight:3.125Kg Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, December 12, 2008

Phonics

Mummy has been diligently teaching Clarence this week. I did phonics with him everyday as I think he is rather weak in it. I have been revising with him what the school has taught him. They are in the 'pink scheme/box' (blending three letter words). I have just done blending alphabets with at, am, ab, ap, an and ag ( still got lots more to go). I wrote the words on the flashcards and got him read the words to me. Currently, he can read about 80% of the 43 cards. We both need to work harder.
I realised he has been playing too much and is too cheeky. Furthermore, he will be going to K1 soon. I really must get him to buck up before it is too late. However, he is still very playful. Got to remind him to be serious when it comes to studying. Guess I will have to drill the message until it gets to his head.

sample of my flashcards.

No comments: