Tay Jieren Clarence 郑杰仁 

DOB:13 July 2004 Birth weight: 3.635kg Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tay Yingxi Vincy 郑颖希 

DOB:27 Aug 2008 Birth weight:3.125Kg Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

周记

Clarence started writing 周记in school. It is a torture for him and me. He simply has nothing to write about. I have to give him ideas and suggestions on what topic to write on and the content. However, I ask him to write his first draft on a piece of paper so that I can edit for him. For words that he does not know how to write, I will ask him to write in Hanyu pinyin.
His first draft: (full of mistakes)


The edited draft: (lots of correction)


He drew a picture on the blank page of his exercise book then copied the edited version into his
周记 exercise book.


The final one:


It is actually good for kids to write 周记. At least he gets to write in chinese once a week. By writing, I hope he learns and recognises more chinese characters and sentence structure too. But mummy finds it hard to edit his work. So far, he has already done two 周记. Think this is a weekly project for us.

No comments: